Senior Tendering Engineer - VR/26800
Opportunity for a Senior Tendering Engineer to join a global leader in energy projects, technologies, systems and services. This organisation prides itself on the positive working environment, excellent facilities, development opportunities and competitive benefits package it offers to all employees. A hybrid working arrangement is available.
In your role as Senior Tendering Engineer, you’ll be responsible for delivering all commercial aspects of allocated client tenders and budget proposals; including all associated subcontracts and supplier proposals in accordance with company procedures, processes and systems.
Your Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and managing the tender plan to ensure all defined deliverables are managed within agreed timeframes.
- Preparing all internal tender process approval documents throughout the tendering phases and ensuring approvals are made in a timely manner and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Preparing detailed and accurate cost estimate of defined technical solution(s), including contingency and risk provision.
- Performing appropriate commercial reviews and liaising with Legal & Contracts for contractual reviews, as required.
- Managing status reports on commercial and contractual issues for allocated tenders in accordance with company procedures, processes and systems.
- Representing the commercial team at client tender clarification meetings etc.
- Defining and managing the procurement plan for the tender and ensuring subcontractors and suppliers are managed using the relevant company systems and tools throughout the tendering phase.
- Proposing procurement strategies to reduce costs and optimise schedules where required, in conjunction with the Global Supply chain function.
- Resolving contractual positions with subcontractors and suppliers where required.
- Following client award of contract, ensuring formal handover to Operations and Project teams accordingly.
- Ensuring the client contract document is duly executed and distributed.
This opportunity is well-suited to applicants with extensive experience in a commercial environment performing a similar role which demonstrates exposure to the key commercial concepts in relation to commercial risk management with specific emphasis on tendering activities. Experience and knowledge of subsea EPCI construction projects and subsea hardware is desirable, though not essential.
You’ll also need the following:
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision and direction.
- A technical and practical understanding of engineering, procurement, construction, and installation methods and techniques as applicable to the oil/gas/renewables industry.
- The ability act as a technical expert within the Commercial function.
- The ability to provide leadership as well as mentor and develop junior colleagues.
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritise your workload and meet stringent deadlines.
- Persistence and self-motivation.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team