Shipping Coordinator - VR/26404
Shipping Coordinator required to join our client based in Kintore on a 6-month contract basis. In your role, you will work with key stakeholders to obtain freight estimates and execute customer shipment plans with an emphasis on controlling costs while meeting schedule, customer, and compliance requirements.
Using your import, export, and freight knowledge, you will facilitate the safe and timely shipment of product and materials. You will take the lead in communicating with clients and facilitating transactions managing shipment orders, requests for tracking information and handling return requests.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the movement of goods, imports and exports is in compliance with HMRC and company policy .
- Organising the shipment of import and export orders: obtaining quotes from freight agents, preparing all relevant documentation, liaising with other departments to obtain information as required.
- Adhering to shipping compliance procedures and Incoterms regulations.
- Completing accurate documentation such as commercial invoices and dangerous goods notes and shipping orders in line with regulations according to the country of destination.
- Planning and coordinating the transportation of items and manage the timely flow of customer orders and with focus on accuracy, efficiency and time management.
- Preparing customer invoices for export orders.
- Assisting in preparation of audits/inspections both internal company and by external bodies.
- Liaising with Sales Department and Warehouse personnel for special order requirements and shipping information.
- Completing month end reports for Accounts Department.
- Maintaining HMRC records, both imports and exports, updating OA filing system / archiving etc.
- Addressing order flow or shipping delays and quality control issues, such as damaged or improperly packed goods.
- Completing daily shipping and receiving logs.
- Documenting and escalating any customer service issues and/or shipping/receiving errors.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Solid knowledge of logistics import and export procedures including customs procedures.
- Computer literacy.
- Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information.
- Excellent time management, communication and negotiating skills.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team