Software Developer - VR/24376
TMM Recruitment are working with a leading, global energy sector service provider specialising in subsea, onshore / offshore, and surface projects to source a Software Engineer on a permanent basis.
Based in Westhill but with a hybrid pattern available between remote and office-based work this role fits within a multi-disciplinary, cross-functional and global team. The successful candidate will participate in the development of innovative digital solutions and be part of an inspiring journey in a team looking to break boundaries thanks to the creativity, resilience, and spirit expressed their people.
The Software Developer will join a growing team working in cutting edge ways to deliver high quality Web applications that help the company to transform how we help our clients. You will get to work in a balanced team with experienced software developers and have a close interaction with Product Managers, User Experience Designers and the end users.
Main duties and responsibilities
The company believe strongly in the principles of Agile and continuous Improvement, depending on the project we use the following practices:
- Lean Product Management where we prioritise.
- Design thinking to make sure we are solving the user’s problems.
- Extreme Programming / Scrum / Kanban to manage the backlog of work efficiently.
- Test driven development for robust and efficient software.
- Paired programming to ensure everyone has context and a great way to get up to speed.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment for speed.
- Retrospective and Psychological Safety for continuous improvement and team health.
Work with a great tech stack:
- We use Azure and AWS cloud.
- Angular frontend and Node.js.
- Azure DevOps CI-CD Pipelines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience in a software development environment.
- Computer Science, Information Technology Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Strong capabilities in fullstack, cloud-based software development.
- Good knowledge of public cloud environment, preferably Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Good experience on agile methodologies like Scrum, eXtreme Programming, Kanban, Lean Startup, DevOps.
- Good communication and team-spirit.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team