Software Engineer - VR/21132
Currently recruiting for an experienced Software Engineer on a 3-6-month contract basis for an oil and gas company based just outside of Portlethen in Aberdeenshire. The company is ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice.
The Software Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Working independently and as part of the Repair and Field Services team to develop, maintain and support various software projects.
- Advising on software issues and upgrades.
- Being the Repair and Field Services expert on software issues for troubleshooting, and providing assistance to customers and client technicians.
- Assisting the Lead Controls Engineer with the development, improvement and testing of new and existing products.
- Following, reviewing and creating work instructions and procedures for software and support related activities.
- Providing training and support to Field Service Technicians globally.
- Assisting with the testing of manufactured products.
- A Degree qualification in a relevant discipline, or a minimum of 5 years’ equivalent experience in a relevant role, is essential.
- Lean knowledge would be preferred.
- Expert knowledge of software development, including C#, Visual Basic, .NET Framework, WPF, MySQL Server and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Possessing the ability to review, debug and optimise existing software projects.
- Strong understanding of networking and communications.
- Strong understanding of software versioning tools.
- Demonstrable working knowledge and understanding of PLC Controls equipment, including Allen Bradley and Siemens.
- Possessing the ability to read and understand engineering drawings & specifications and have an understanding of engineering terminologies.
- An understanding of hydraulic systems and schematics.
- An understanding of torque equipment.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team