Software Engineer - VR/22953
Long-established, industry leading technology company working in the energy sector has a fantastic permanent opportunity for a skilled Software Engineer to join their team. Based in Dyce, north Aberdeen, this varied role will give the successful candidate the chance to contribute creatively working across a range of different technologies. Dealing with all aspects of software development this position will be required to design and implement various applications for the purpose of interfacing with the company’s equipment while processing information recovered.
As the new Software Engineer who will be joining the core team you will:
- have excellent software development skills, good communication skills and the ability to implement ideas as part of a team.
- have experience in software architecture and be well versed in developing and / or contributing to complex projects which pull together multiple different systems.
- have significant experience within a software development environment, or demonstrable excellence in their role.
- benefit from experience of interfacing with hardware, embedded development, and protocols.
- be involved in the whole software lifecycle, from capturing requirements, developing code, controlling equipment, analysing results, supporting users of the final software, and the practical application of the results.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To work as part of the Software Development Team.
- To design solutions for acquiring data, controlling equipment, logging and analysing results.
- To provide support to users.
- To capture and document software requirements and procedures.
- To work at client sites (onshore and offshore) when necessary.
- To participate in technical reviews such as code review and document reviews.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Familiarity with Windows development using Visual Studio .Net (C# and/or VB) and C/C++ programming languages.
- Technical background BSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related Engineering/Scientific discipline.
- Experience of Windows Forms (Winforms) applications.
- Awareness of Agile software development methodologies or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge and experience of software release processes.
- The ability to capture and document requirements.
- Must be able to communicate well in written and spoken English.
- Experienced in using source control systems such as Subversion / Git.
- Familiar with continuous integration / continuous delivery system.
- A good understanding of interfacing techniques, and communication protocols would be advantageous.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team