Software Engineer - VR/24647
TMM Recruitment is working with a well-established, industry leading technology company operating in the energy sector who has a fantastic permanent opportunity for a skilled Software Engineer to join their development team. Based in Dyce, this varied position provides the opportunity to design solutions for acquiring data, controlling equipment, logging and analysing results. The successful candidate will be familiar with Windows development using Visual Studio .Net (C# and / or VB) and C/C++ programming languages as well as an awareness of Agile software development methodologies.
Primary role will be to design and implement various applications for purposes of interfacing to the company equipment and processing information recovered from the equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of the Software Development Team.
- Designing solutions for acquiring data, controlling equipment, logging and analysing results.
- Providing support to users.
- Capturing and documenting software requirements and procedures.
- Working at client sites (onshore and offshore) when necessary.
- Participating in technical reviews such as code review and document reviews.
As a Software Engineer:
- You must have excellent software development skills, good communication skills and the ability to implement ideas as part of a team.
- You must have experience in software architecture and be well versed in developing and / or contributing to complex projects which pull together multiple different systems.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a software development environment, or demonstratable excellence in their role.
- You would benefit from experience interfacing with hardware, embedded development, and protocols.
- You will be involved in whole software lifecycle, from capturing requirements, developing code, controlling equipment, analysing results, supporting users of the final software, and the practical application of the results.
The ideal Software Engineer believes that software development is a collaborative activity and gets involved with feature development / interoperability from day one. You will contribute to the quality, robustness and reliability of the products created.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Familiarity with Windows development using Visual Studio .Net (C# and / or VB) and C/C++ programming languages.
- Technical background – BSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related Engineering / Scientific discipline.
- Experience of Windows Forms (Winforms) applications.
- Awareness of Agile software development methodologies or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge or experience of software release processes.
- The ability to capture and document requirements.
- Must be able to communicate well in written and spoken English.
- Experienced in using source control systems such as Subversion / Git.
- Familiar with continuous integration / continuous delivery system.
- A good understanding of interfacing techniques, and communication protocols would be advantageous.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team