Software Engineer - VR/25895
TMM Recruitment is working with a subsea company based in Westhill to find a Software Engineer / Application Developer on a permanent staff basis. This position is ideally suited to candidates with a new or recent qualification in computing science or equivalent and experience of software application development.
The company is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Software Engineer / Application Developer to join their expanding team of developers responsible for the design, development, and support of our range of desktop applications. The software suite is used through a sequence of recording and logging, storage, editing, and visualisation. The data that is handled includes video and sensor data from a variety of sources.
Founded as a small start-up in 2000, the company has developed into a world leading software provider in the subsea survey and inspection industry and now forms part of the subsea division within the parent organisation’s global portfolio of energy related businesses. Over time the software has progressed using C#, .Net, various SDKs, graphics and video tools. They are looking for people with the skills and enthusiasm to help continue and accelerate this progress.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Software designing and developing desktop applications.
- Monitoring and recommending technological developments.
- Bug fixing and feature enhancement.
- Software support.
- Reporting as required by Software Development Manager.
- Maintaining bug and feature tracking database.
- Maintaining change log records.
- Maintaining records of all testing.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Degree level qualification in computing science or an equivalent discipline, (or degree level qualification in another subject, followed by subsequent software developer experience).
- Relevant experience of software application development.
- Good understanding of an OOP language (C#, Java).
Essential Key Skills:
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English.
- A team worker.
- A self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines.
Useful but non-essential experience might include some of the following:
- Use of version tools such as Git.
- Azure DevOps CI-CD Pipelines.
- Graphics for 3D visualisation.
- AI for image or data handling.
- Relational databases.
- Digital video recording and playback.
- C++ / MFC (to read and understand legacy code).
- Survey / GIS / Spatial data.
- Data-handling, and / or data logging / processing.
TMM Recruitment INDIT firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team