Structural Composite Design Engineer - VR/23261
Currently recruiting for an experienced Structural Composite Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Cove, Aberdeen. The company is flexible on location and they are open to offering a remote working arrangement.
The Structural Composite Design Engineer will design and develop a range of offshore composite structures utilised within several industries (Oil & Gas, Renewables, Marine etc). The post holder will produce innovative engineering solutions, primarily based upon offshore composite structures.
This role would suit an experienced Structural Composite Design Engineer who has experience in the design of load bearing structures utilising composite materials, as well as experience in designing layups and matrix configurations / technologies.
The Structural Composite Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing new composite (fibre reinforced plastics) products from initial concept stage through to production.
- Producing technical reports, detailing work completed and products produced. This includes, but is not limited to, engineering structural calculations and Finite Element Analysis.
- Conducting appropriate material and manufacturing selection dependent upon project specifications.
- Producing 3D CAD models and detail drawings to provide solutions in accordance with project requirements.
- Assisting in the development of company design systems, standards and procedures.
- Looking for continuous improvement.
- Contributing development ideas for existing products.
- Supporting work for proposals and projects, working to tight deadlines.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Mechanical or Structural Engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar Structural Composite Design Engineer type role.
- A minimum of 3 years’ design engineering experience.
- Knowledge of composite structures, materials, matrices, layups and composite manufacturing techniques.
- Competency in subsea structural analysis and validation.
- Experience using FEA (preferably ANSYS) and 3D CAD software (preferably Inventor).
- 5+ years’ mechanical / structural design engineering experience with considerable experience in composite design.
- Experience in mechanical and composite FEA within ANSYS.
- Autodesk Inventor and Meridian experience.
- Experience with Mathcad.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team