Survey Engineer - VR/22975
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Survey Engineer for our client on a permanent / staff basis. Predominantly an onshore role but there will be some ad hoc offshore work as part of it - short trips of up to week every 1-2 months or so. Key requirement for the role is for the candidate to have had a number of years of hands-on experience of hydrographic or geophysical survey equipment.
Key Result Areas:
- Testing / interfacing and fault finding of electronic survey equipment. Performing pre-hire / post-hire inspection on rental equipment in line with documented procedures, ensuring the equipment is fully functional, complete, accurately documented and professionally presented.
- Carrying out electronic / electrical repair work as required.
- Updating maintenance and calibration schedules for rental and test equipment.
- Updating the status of rental assets on asset tracking system.
- Providing effective technical support to customers and being available for on-call support as required.
- Working closely with vendors ensuring timely arrival of spare parts order / workshop stock.
- Communicating effectively with colleagues at all levels to ensure satisfactory information transfer.
- Undertaking manufacturer training courses as and when required.
- Occasional short duration ad-hoc international travel / offshore to support mobilisations – must be willing to travel at relatively short notice.
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices in all areas of workshop.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- HNC or HND qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Extensive working knowledge of hydrographic, geophysical and ROV based survey equipment.
- Ability to work to a high quality to specific deadlines.
- Flexible approach to tasks and roles.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, verbal and written.
- To consistently work to all quality, health, safety and environmental standards applicable and to assist in the development and improvement of such standards.
- Comply with company QHSE Management System.
- Promote a positive QHSE culture in the workplace.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team