Systems Accountant – VR/24248
Systems Accountant required on a permanent basis for UK’s largest listed independent oil and gas company.
The Systems Accountant will provide support to the finance function and wider business.
- Direct SAP support.
- Creating master-data in-line with local standards.
- Executing month end processes in line with timetable.
- Performing system functional integrity testing where appropriate.
- Troubleshooting any issues for the UK Finance Group.
- Assigning systems security.
- Maintaining system.
- DOA and SOD compliance.
- Performing periodic control reviews.
- Liaising with business on process enhancements.
- Participating in projects relating to the finance function which have a systems dimension or impact.
- Internal and external audit support as required.
- Creating monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Degree qualified and with recognised accounting qualification ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Very good experience of revenue and production accounting and reporting within upstream oil and gas industry is essential.
- UK North Sea experience required.
- Excellent Accountant with proven track record.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience of financial systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and adept at interacting with individuals at all levels in the organisation.
- Focus on service delivery to business and functions.
- Flexible and responsive to stakeholder requirements and changing environment.
- Ability to deliver high quality work by deadlines and work effectively under time pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative, proactively drive change, take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion.
- Open, honest and reliable.
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team