Systems Support Analyst (Finance) - VR/21985
Supporting the Systems Manager, we have a requirement for a Systems Support Analyst (Finance) to join an E&P company with operations around the world. This is an initial 12-month temporary contract. The role requires a strong finance background ideally with Joint Venture exposure, strong SAP experience and experience delivering system enhancements and implementations.
- Trouble-shooting issues and identifying system improvements to meet user and business requirements.
- Resolving queries raised by the business in a timely and professional manner.
- Analysing data contained in our databases to identify and fix data integrity issues.
- To be a key member of the team that will implement any future software applications or upgrades to existing software.
- Creating, testing and delivering financial reports and other information to the firm.
- Implementing, testing and documenting systems enhancements deployed by the Finance Team.
- Providing support to regional and local finance users, including relevant UAT.
- Escalating support requests to developers where necessary.
- Ensuring data integrity between regional source systems and global ERP systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the Month End SAP Timetable.
- Planning and co-ordination of the Year End Rollover for SAP Core Modules, liaising with Group on timing and process.
- Controlling and approving Master Data requests, ensuring naming / coding and structuring conventions are maintained.
- Reviewing and approving of SAP User Access Requests, assessing Segregation of Duties and associated Governance, Risk and Controls framework.
- Providing oversight (including verification of accuracy and completeness prior to issue to service provider) and covering for the Service Now helpdesk working closely with IT helpdesk to develop a formalised support arrangement with agreed SLAs and reporting.
- Resolving issues for support users with various service providers.
- Overseeing financial best practice and compliance with Group Accounting Policies.
- Working with Audit and Group Risk and Controls to ensure robust financial control in line with Group Policies and Regulatory Compliance.
- Managing the setup and configuration of ERP reporting systems, working alongside primary finance stakeholders.
- Working with Finance to update the chart of accounts and reporting hierarchies required for finance BI reporting.
- Working alongside the Finance Team to specify the system and reporting requirements to support process improvements.
- Ensuring processes within the Finance Systems Team are clearly documented and updated to reflect procedural changes.
- Supporting the Team Lead on the administration of the master data governance framework and supporting the Finance Team in terms of change requests and solution management.
- Managing investment manager and delivering appropriate IM reporting.
- Ideally a Qualified Accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Demonstrable experience working in Finance.
- Experience of SAP ERP preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team