Tax Manager (12 months) - VR/26504
12-month contract vacancy for a Tax Manager with international energy services company based in Aberdeen.
Overview job description
The Tax Manager will take ownership of all:
- International tax compliance.
- Direct and indirect taxes for the group entities.
- Tax cashflow reporting and monitoring.
- Group tax provisioning and all tax requirements for entity statutory reporting.
- Staff management including recruitment, training and development and performance reviews.
- Assisting and / or overseeing where required on all commercial contract reviews – advising on tax impact of any proposals, ensuring rates take full account of all relevant taxes.
- Reviewing and setting tax policies across the business.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Corporate tax advice and deal with all ancillary queries raised both internally and by external authorities.
- Preparing all group entity corporate tax filings.
- Preparing tax provisions for audit purposes and all associated tax accounting work.
- Preparing or reviewing quarterly forecasts for the UK and US corporate groups.
- Managing relationships with tax authorities including CRM (and where possible ensure low risk status achieved by UK group), professional associations and external tax advisers.
- Ensuring statutory and tax compliance for the group in all financial matters.
- Assisting where required from tax perspective on any acquisitions, due diligence work.
- Overseeing or managing relevant personnel as required in relation to any company tax audits.
- Reviewing and approving prior to submission of various VAT / GST filings including but not limited to UK, Singapore, Indonesia and India, Denmark, UAE.
- Overseeing or managing relevant personnel as required in relation to any VAT or sales tax audits.
- Overseeing preparation of transfer pricing documentation and annual R&D reports as required.
- Lead restructuring and other planning opportunities.
- Providing advisory support on employment tax issues.
Applicants to this role require
- Qualified AAT or equivalent.
- 5-10+ years post qualified experience.
- Experience in commercial / corporate environments.
- Strong tax accounting skills (UK GAAP, IFRS).
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Good communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong excel skills.
- Experience of multi-site / multi-currency international organisation.
- Experience of understanding and working in a service business.
- Highly organised and capable of working to tight deadlines.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team