Technical Buyer - VR/23255
Experienced Buyer required to join our client, a reputable name in services to the oil & gas and renewables sectors.
Reporting to the Lead Buyer, you’ll procure project-related requirements to ensure on-time delivery to the end customer. Working within the set budget, you’ll negotiate all request for quotes without compromising on quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selecting suitable sources, requesting bids and evaluating quotations to make the final decision on supplier selection.
- Verifying that Bills of Materials (BOMs) are accurate; highlighting any issues and discrepancies where necessary.
- Negotiating prices, lead times and terms & conditions; recommending best commercial options and ensuring budgets are met.
- Expediting orders, where required.
- Liaising with colleagues to highlight any issues with deliveries.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with suppliers.
- Setting up suppliers on the approved vendor list (AVL).
- Preparing pre-tender documents to be issued to suppliers.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a Purchasing role. You’ll need good technical knowledge and experience of buying materials and services.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team