Technical Sales Advisor - VR/22120
We are looking to recruit a Technical Sales Advisor for our oil and gas client based in Teesside on a permanent staff basis.
Overview job description
- Purpose: To manage customer enquiries and orders in an accurate, compliant, efficient and professional manner, support customer technical enquiries and provide product support.
Main duties and responsibilities
- A ‘technical mindedness’ as backed-up by experience. Essentially, the successful candidate will have the technical / mechanical ‘nous’ in order to ask the right questions to customers, to talk competently and confidently about our product range (training on this will be provided) and to understand enough about our products so that customer quotes / orders be constructed correctly. They do not require an engineer knowledge / skill level but this candidate must have an affinity or good base understanding such that you are able to provide a confident, knowledgeable and credible first contact for customers. There will be onsite support for the successful candidate – it just requires the ability and willingness to capitalise on that and absorb it.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and a good people’s person. As mentioned, – this role is most commonly the first point of contact for local customers and having a personable, helpful, engaging person with good customer service and communication skills is very important.
Applicants to this role require
- A similar Technical Sales role.
- A more technically-biased position (mechanical / hydraulic / instrumentation / hoses etc.) who possess a strong customer service ethic and great communication skills. They should be motivated to moving, long term into a more office-based, front-facing position. They may be from a ‘hands-on’ technically-relevant background or from a technical office-based, less front-facing role (e.g. Engineering Support / Engineering Assistant – used to engineering drawings, talking about tolerances, materials, pressures etc).
For more information please get in touch.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team