Tendering Engineer - VR/26293
Join a global leader in the energy industry with the mission to enhance performance and drive real change in the traditional and new energy industries.
In your role as Tendering Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the administration of allocated tenders, dealing with all commercial and estimating activities associated with client tender requirements and all associated subcontract and supplier requirements from receipt of tender enquiry through to contract award and consequent handover to operations.
You’ll be the focal point for cost estimating, providing support to the Tender / Project Teams and the wider business on all estimating matters and supporting the development and ongoing use of estimating / costing systems.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Managing all commercial aspects of allocated client tenders and budget proposals, including all associated subcontracts and supplier proposals.
- Preparing and managing the tender plan to ensure all defined deliverables are managed within agreed timeframes.
- Ensuring all key progress and approval meetings are held with appropriate attendees throughout the tender process (e.g. tender kick-off, progress review, risk review, cost and contingency review etc.).
- Preparing all internal tender process approval documents throughout the tendering phase and ensuring approvals are made in a timely manner.
- Directly contribute to activities to secure contracts and new business opportunities by effective definition and tender management of project cost, commercial obligations and risk exposure ensuring a suitable risk / reward profile is agreed with client.
- Liaising with Legal and Contracts to ensure contractual terms and conditions are prepared, collated and approved as part of tender submission.
- Responsibility for all aspects of the preparation, validation and presentation of estimates.
- Generating cashflow schedule, milestone payment and contract cancellation schedules.
- Maintaining databases for cost benchmarking/norms/tools, including formal feedback loops with Operations and Commercial Leads.
- Ensuring appropriate and relevant estimating, cost and commercial support is provided to the Tendering / Project Manager throughout the tendering phase.
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with Client, Subcontractors and Suppliers.
Applicants to this position should have experience in a commercial environment performing a similar role which demonstrates exposure to the key commercial concepts in relation to commercial risk management with specific emphasis on tendering activities. You’ll also need experience of estimating techniques for the oil and gas industry and demonstrable knowledge and experience of estimating tools, as well as an awareness of standard oil & gas contractual terms and conditions.
Excellent written and spoken communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work under minimal supervision and direction.
Experience in a subsea-related environment is advantageous, though not essential.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team