Tendering/Estimating Engineer - VR/23213
An opportunity to join an organisation with a global reputation as a leader in the energy industry, with a track record of success spanning 5 decades.
In your role as Tendering / Estimating Engineer, you’ll report to the Tender Manager and liaise regularly with Project Managers to assist in the development of tenders for a variety of scopes. You’ll be involved at all stages of tender preparation for potential Oil & Gas Developments, from early engagement through to late-life interventions
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing tenders, in accordance with the company’s business management system and tendering processes.
- Assisting with the preparation of cost estimates and cost reports in support of Concept, Feasibility, pre-FEED and FEED Studies.
- Preparing accurate and economic costing of tenders with due regard to competitor positions, supply chain and market trends.
- Organising the workload of the tender team to achieve tender completion on time.
- Liaising with other internal to ensure a commonality of approach and cross learning, as well as obtaining input throughout the life of the tender.
- Preparing internal tender authorisation papers, presentations and documents. This may include presenting or supporting presentations to Senior Management.
- Developing winning bid documentation for submission to clients.
- Assisting in the negotiation of terms and conditions of tenders with clients to achieve the best commercial, technical and contractual position.
- Maintaining appropriate records, data and cost estimation information during the tender process.
This role is well-suited to applicants with previous experience in a similar role, or to those with ambition to develop their commercial experience. You’ll need excellent communication and organisation skills, as well as the ability to produce high-quality work in a demanding role.
Previous experience in estimating and/or tendering in an offshore oil & gas company is preferred but is not essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team