Tendering Specialist/Senior Tendering Specialist - VR/28929
Join a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the energy industry. This organisation places its people at the heart of what they do and are committed to creating an environment where everyone can thrive.
This is an exciting opportunity for either a Tendering Specialist or Senior Tendering Specialist to join the team. You’ll be involved in the preparation, writing, coordination and negotiation of tenders, including cost estimation, commercial, contract and risk reviews.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing pre-qualifications and tenders in accordance with the Business Management System (BMS)/Tendering Processes.
- Involvement at all stages of tender preparation for potential Oil/Gas and Renewable Developments from Early Engagement through to Late Life interventions, as well as Decommissioning Projects.
- Assisting the Field Developments Group with preparation of cost estimates and cost reports in support of Concept, Feasibility, pre-FEED and FEED Studies.
- Preparing accurate and economic costing of tenders with due regard to risk assessment, competitor positions, supply chain and market trends.
- Organising the workload of the tender team to achieve tender completion on time in order that the necessary approvals are obtained prior to submission to clients.
- Liaising with Corporate and Regional Sales and Marketing functions to ensure commonality of approach and cross learning.
- Liaising with legal, tax, project operations, engineering, vessel support teams and ship operations to obtain their input throughout the life of the tender.
- Preparing internal tender authorisation papers, presentations and documents which may include presenting or supporting presentations to Senior and Executive Management.
- Developing winning bid documentation for submission to clients.
- Assisting in the negotiation of terms and conditions of tenders with clients to achieve the best commercial, technical and contractual position.
- Maintaining appropriate records, data and cost estimation information during the tender process to ensure an efficient handover to project teams and for internal/external auditing.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience of working in a Tendering environment.
- Experience of working in an oil & gas/subsea environment is desirable.
- Good negotiation skills and ability to articulate views in a comprehensive and concise manner.
- Estimating skills – background in use of Excel.
- Ability to share learning and experience with others to promote continuous improvement and knowledge transfer within the organisation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, both in verbal and written form.
- Commercially astute, have a proven ability to commercialise an offering and be proficient in writing a compelling sales document.
- Proven ability to review and qualify contracts.
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role.
- Good organisational skills and smart working methods. Ability to prioritise own workload and that of the tender team.
- Ability and desire to contribute to the day-to-day workings of the wider tendering team and, where appropriate for level of experience and position, contribute to supervision, mentoring and development of other team members.
- Degree, diploma, or similar level of qualification (preferred, not essential).
What’s on offer?
- Career development with access to a range of learning and development opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development.
- Flexible/hybrid working.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave/adoption leave.
- A fantastic benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, discounted health and wellbeing packages, electric car salary sacrifice scheme and more.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team