Test & Validation Engineer - Battery Systems - VR/20220
Currently recruiting for an experienced Test & Validation Engineer - Battery Systems on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Dyce, Aberdeen. The Test & Validation Engineer - Battery Systems will specialise in Battery R&D and will provide operationally useful insight and analysis based on the company’s extensive battery testing and development programme.
The Test & Validation Engineer – Battery Systems will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Leading a small team in the day-to-day aspects of the company’s specialist battery R&D programme, using their large scale long-term automated systems.
- Providing ongoing reporting and analysis on the company’s ever-growing data set.
- Maintaining, adapting, updating and evolving the design of the company’s test systems and research strategies, as new requirements and applications emerge.
- Designing ad hoc experiments to address new lines of investigation as they come up (by writing and leading the implementation of test plans etc, and by providing hands-on assistance where appropriate).
- Liaising with multiple Engineering Teams for contributing to the battery related aspects of new product development work.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or a similar discipline, is essential.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar Test & Validation Engineer type role, within the Oil and Gas industry, is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of the issues related to various battery chemistries would be preferred.
- Experience with data analysis would be preferred.
- Experience in electronic testing would be preferred.
- Experience of working with SQL databases and large data-sets would be preferred.
- Experience of working with national instrument data acquisition systems and software would be preferred.
- Experience with MS Excel and MS C#.net would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team