Trainee Accountant - VR/24015
We are working on a Trainee Accountant role with a leading manufacturing company that services the energy industry. Holding a varied remit, you will gain a broader understanding of accounting principles and processes, and be afforded the opportunity to become a rounded Accountant. With particular focus on the accurate preparation of monthly management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and maintaining accurate reporting, our client are looking for enthusiastic and determined individuals who are keen to kick-start their career development.
Consideration will be given to those with 1-2 years accounts experience, or alternatively recent Graduates keen to pursue a career in an accounts’ focussed role.
A full study support package would be offered for those wishing to undertake/continue their professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA).
Reporting into the Finance Manager, the Trainee Accountant will hold responsibility for the following, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation of month end management accounts, reconciling the GL and posting of accruals and deferrals.
- Maintaining sales ledger, raising sales invoices, posting cash, credit control, resolving customer queries, issue of weekly debtor reports to relevant departments.
- Ensuring full balance sheet reviews are undertaken on a monthly basis.
- Working alongside PL Department, assisting with the posting of invoices and subsequent queries.
- Assisting with the preparation of daily and weekly reports.
- Reviewing and reconciling intercompany balances on a monthly basis, raising invoices when required.
- Assisting in the preparation of Intrastat, VAT and Duty Returns.
- Issuing, coding and reviewing employee expenses.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team