Vessel Accountant - VR/22873
Vessel Accountant required for 12 - 15 months. Working for an international service company who are recognised globally as a leader in their field, the Vessel Accountant will be responsible for the timely and accurate provision of all financial information including forecasts and budgets for the vessels assigned to them.
- Preparing detailed monthly management accounts for vessels assigned.
- Fleet reporting for vessels within their fleet.
- Reviewing management results prepared by other Vessel Accountants.
- Preparing monthly analytical review for assigned vessels, including but not limited to:
- Variance analysis for vessels within fleet;
- Identifying and highlighting areas of concern where costs are not as expected to operational management and Regional Finance Teams;
- Uploading and reviewing forecast results prior to reporting to the regions; and
- Identifying sensitivities to the regional teams;
- Preparing Annual Budgets and input to 5 Year Plan.
- Assisting in the preparation of the forecast vessel utilisation for monthly reporting and budgets.
- Capex reporting for vessel related capex and dockings.
- Cash flow analysis for the vessels.
- Ad-hoc tasks relating to their vessel fleet.
- Degree level education and / or qualified by experience in similar role.
- Good working knowledge of SAP, Excel and other Microsoft products.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, accustomed to report writing.
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships at all levels of the business and with third party providers (e.g. Auditors).
- Collaborative team worker who also demonstrates initiative and ownership.
- Pro-active and solutions-based, questions and will challenge the status quo.
- Excellent analytical skills, and an ability to work with detail and high accuracy.
- Strong planning and organising skills, accustomed to meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a 24/7 global business.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team