VFF Manager / Senior Manager - VR/28230
We are delighted to support our client with the appointment of a VFF Manager or Senior Manager. This is a chance to join a rapidly growing technology focussed services business who are passionate about what they do. They offer diverse career opportunities within a positive team environment. Due to continued growth this is a newly created role leading specialist accounting projects.
Overview job description
You will collaborate with clients to understand their unique business challenges and complexities, provide a tailored range of accounting services and capture their greatest opportunities so they can focus on the areas of activity that matter most. The role will be diverse in nature, we are looking for an individual who can draw upon their previous skills, knowledge, and experience to provide specialist advice to existing finance teams. Someone who isn’t afraid of diving into areas of complex accounting even if it isn’t something they have previously advised on.
A key element of the role will be reporting, ensuring companies’ financial statements comply with statutory requirements and industry standards. The main elements of this role will be; providing complex technical accounting advice; ensuring statutory accounts are compliant with accounting standards and companies act requirements; and leading one-off special finance projects (such as IFRS conversions, process and control reviews and financial remediation). The role is client facing and will ideally suit an enthusiastic team player who has both industry (incl secondments) and professional experience. Someone who can apply technical best practice to the realities of industry.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Providing technical accounting advice both internally to existing client teams and externally to new and existing clients.
- Lead on the provision of technical accounting training to the VFF Team.
- Delivering for clients one-off finance projects such as accounting standard conversions, process and control reviews and other financial information remediation exercises.
- Determining resource requirements ensuring that the team has relevant experience, support and skills to ensure an unrivalled client experience.
- Leading, motivating and coaching all members of the team, aiding development of both technical and client management skills and identifying any training needs.
- Building strong and credible relationships to understand the clients’ priorities, providing them with trusted and valued advice, ensuring delivery by all agreed deadlines.
- Collaborating effectively, embrace diverse perspectives, and work holistically with stakeholders including, different business areas, the wider professional network, and the community.
- Developing a detailed knowledge of specialist services and actively identify opportunities for business development in response to clients' needs.
- Being a vital part of the management team, involved with the day-to-day operations of the team, ensuring financial targets and deadlines are met and assist with delivering the strategic objectives of the department and wider firm.
Applicants to this role require
- Fully qualified with experience of working within practice or industry.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge across both UK GAAP and IFRS and other local GAAPs.
- Experience delivering one off projects.
- A passionate problem solver, bringing solutions, making recommendations, and driving implementation of agreed approach.
- Experience of handling a client portfolio with strong client engagement.
- Team player with the necessary interpersonal skills to build professional relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
- A growth mindset and continuous desire for lifelong learning.
What’s in it for me? (the applicant)
- Hybrid, agile and family friendly working practices to enable you to manage your work life alongside your home life.
- Opportunities to work with the best in the field and work alongside leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Accumulate up to an additional working week of holidays per annum through time-off-in-lieu.
- Work with energetic people who like nothing more than having a bit of fun.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team