Weather Technician - VR/22539
The Weather Technician is a combined Tier 1 technical support role with responsibility to perform weather analysis and quality control of weather data. The role also has exposure to other parts of company services like vessel reporting, routing, planning and navigation and technical performance.
Primary requirements are basic IT understanding related to software installations, operating systems and similar.
The role requires basic understanding in meteorology and weather patterns, but formal education on the subject is not required. Candidates with interests for geography, meteorology, technology or similar disciplines will have a good starting point for the relevant training for this role.
Maritime knowledge is a strong advantage, but the right mindset with both analytical and decision-making skills are important. The successful candidate should have the drive and desire to learn/embrace new challenges.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide client support via email, phone or remote login to user computer.
- Quality control weather data and draw frontal and high-low analysis.
- Start basic investigation of incoming problems via ticketing system.
- Maintain status and resolution records.
- Suggest improvements for better performance of the products and services when needed.
- Involvement in customer installation and training.
- Work is rotation based, 7 days a week in collaboration with global teams.
- Experience in working in a customer support and service role.
- Basic IT understanding related to software installations, operating systems and similar.
- Interest for weather or motivation to learn.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills with an ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an emphasis on effective communications with customers, team members and management.
- Monitoring and following the procedures and suggesting implementations in order to raise the quality of the products and services.
- Maritime background.
- Strong technical knowledge of OS systems.
- You are:
- Open minded and enthusiastic to learn new and continue with career development.
- Systematic, structured and proactive.
- Motivating, cooperative and resourceful.
- Good communicator and passionate about delivering the best support.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team