Web Developer - VR/23059
TMM Recruitment has partnered with our industry-leading client’s search for a new Web Developer. This permanent role is key element of the tight knit eCommerce team while also working closely with the IT department. Although the Web Developer will be based at the company’s HQ in Elgin, there is plenty of scope to work remotely with the occasional requirement to be in the office in person. Working for an internationally recognised brand means being able to deliver in a fast-paced environment but this varied role will also provide the chance to be involved in an abundance of exciting projects.
Overview job description
The company is an innovative, luxury brand with generations of experience in delivering a world-class product throughout an international market. As a family–owned company who are dedicated to applying the latest technology and highest quality expertise they employ over 800 staff and their valued employees and communities are at the heart of everything they do. The brand is focused on sustainability, working with natural, renewable and biodegradable materials and they are committed to maintaining a minimal environmental footprint.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Elgin site for a Senior Web Developer to take the lead in our rapidly growing ecommerce business. Although, for the right candidate, the opportunity to work remotely will be considered however there will still be occasional requirements to visit the office. Working in a creative environment with teams from across the business they need someone who can hit the ground running. The right candidate will be providing leadership to a web developer in a close knit team whilst taking the lead on building the brand through Ecommerce.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Configuring and maintaining their Magento 2 ecommerce website.
- Coding Magento 2 templates.
- Developing and customising Magento 2 modules using best practice.
- Monitoring website health and performance.
- Troubleshooting website issues.
- Keeping the website secure and up to date.
- Overseeing the work of the web developer and developing them in their role.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The successful will be experienced in working in ecommerce and email marketing and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. You will be used to managing a variety of projects, prioritising and working to strict deadlines as well as having excellent interpersonal skills.
The right candidate will also have:
- A degree in a relevant subject or relevant experience and/or professional qualifications.
- Good knowledge of Google Tag Manager, SEO, Google Analytics, PPC, and A/B Testing.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and similar software.
- Considerable experience of working with all aspects of Magento 2 including administration.
- Front end experience –
- HTML RequireJS;
- js and Underscore.js;
- LESS CSS; and
- Grunt and Node.
- Backend development experience –
- MySQL; and
- Rest API.
- Experience with REST API.
- Knowledge of Magento Cloud.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and SEO skills.
- Knowledge of GDPR and Data Protection Laws.
- Understanding of modern UI / UX trends.
- Strong attention to detail.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team