Wells Assistant Cost Engineer - VR/26033
Wells Assistant Cost Controller required to join an E&P organisation on a contract basis. Individuals with prior cost control experience for an Operator are encouraged to apply.
Previous use of SUN or Maximo would be advantageous.
You will undertake the following:
- Carrying out weekly cost review meetings.
- Assisting Wells Cost Lead in delivering, maintaining, managing and where necessary improving wells cost framework, procedures and tools.
- Ensuring review, verification and correct cost allocation/coding of invoices.
- Liaising with Engineers and offshore personnel on cost related matters, such as progress, milestones and variations.
- Supporting Wells inventory team with coding, cost and legacy queries where applicable.
- Consulting with and advising department and accounting personnel on wells accounting issues.
- Preparing and reviewing well AFEs.
- Preparing and reviewing budgets and forecasts.
- Completing well reconciliations in preparation for presenting to JV partners.
- Following AFE close out process.
- Involvement in year-end audit process, providing information to external auditors and internal audit co-ordinators.
Day to day cost tracking;
- Ensuring correct information is being tracked in cost tracking system (CTX).
- Understanding of EFC and daily cost with transparent reporting of these numbers.
- Liaising with Engineers and service providers to ensure accurate tracking of daily expenditure against project.
- Reviewing time writing for personnel, ensuring approved personnel are time writing correctly and rejecting any unapproved time writing.
- Managing Maximo for cost areas of responsibility, inputting AFEs and approving Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
Preparing accurate monthly reports;
- Providing monthly report for calculation of monthly accruals.
- Ensuring all invoices, commitments and time writing have been recorded.
- Ensuring VOWD is re-evaluated based on most current data.
- Interrogating data received from other team members.
- Re-forecasting estimate to complete / forecasted final costs and identify any area of concerns such as budget overruns work / delivery slippages etc which may impinge upon other cost areas.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team