Wells / Completion Engineer - VR/26494
Currently recruiting for an experienced Wells / Completion Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P Company based in Kingswells, Aberdeenshire. It is an initial 12-month contract position and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The Wells / Completion Engineer will be responsible for planning design work related to the planning
and operational delivery of wells. The post holder will also be responsible for planning completion activities.
The Wells / Completion Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Working in multidisciplinary teams to deliver well planning and execution activities.
- Delivering risk assessments in well planning and execution.
- Delivering engineering feasibility and improvement projects to ensure department objectives are met.
- Preparing well concept selection reports.
- Compiling well programmes.
- Engineering design using Landmark software suite.
- Developing and reviewing Well Barrier Schematics.
- Evaluating offset data and implementing lessons learned.
- Evaluating and specifying well equipment.
- Preparing time and cost estimates.
- Participating in subsurface meetings and discussions during well planning and execution.
- Delivering Well Permits and Notifications.
- Developing and updating well and completion drawings.
- Performing detailed studies into new technologies, well design and optimisation projects.
- Planning performance improvement workshops.
- Preparing Detailed Operational Procedures for use at the rig site.
- Leading management of change, providing input to dispensations and communications with the relevant authorities.
- Developing and updating well and completion drawings with as run description of the well equipment.
- Challenging the rest of the group to ensure that the work is done cost-effectively and that future well operations can be run in a simple and cost-effective way.
- Participating in operational duty support rotas if required.
- Identifying opportunities to contribute to the commercial success of the project and responsible for identifying opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Delivering complex engineering projects with minimal support and guidance.
- Developing the competency of the team in own area(s) of expertise.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Experience with UK regulations and well integrity requirements are essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Completion / Wells Engineer type role, directly with an oil & gas operator, is essential.
- Operational wells and completion engineering experience is essential.
- Experience of drilling engineering planning and operations is desirable.
- Applicants will be expected to have an understanding of field development activities and QA/QC processes.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team