Wells Engineer - VR/27676
Currently recruiting for an experienced Wells Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P Company based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is a 12-month contract position, and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Hybrid working opportunities will be available and this role may involve occasional offshore travel - therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
The Wells Engineer will provide well engineering and operational expertise so that all assigned abandonment activities can be performed safely, on time and within budget. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring abandonment designs meet well objectives and comply with standards and regulations.
The Wells Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting feasibility studies, developing abandonment concepts and basis of design.
- Developing realistic cost estimates which reflect an appropriate level of contingency.
- Conducting risk assessments/identifying mitigation plans.
- Specifying and procuring equipment.
- Compiling information for regulatory permits and well examination.
- Managing contractor interfaces (including expediting and QA).
- Compiling detailed abandonment programmes, supported by relevant specialists.
- Providing onshore support (daily operational plan and MOPS review, engineering analysis, problem resolution, cost and performance tracking etc.) during abandonment operations.
- Providing offshore support as required.
- Carrying out post well review and reporting.
- Performing weekend duty as required.
- Performing contract management as required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Current/valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Wells/Well Abandonment Engineer type role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an E&P company/operator, would be preferred.
- Experience in well design, operations and management is essential.
- Applicants should have a breadth of knowledge across a range of well disciplines, including drilling, completions, interventions, integrity, production etc.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team