Wellsite Drilling Engineer / Assistant Drilling Supervisor - VR/23582
Currently recruiting for an experienced Wellsite Drilling Engineer / Assistant Drilling Supervisor on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Aberdeen. An offshore position within the North Sea, the Wellsite Drilling Engineer / Assistant Drilling Supervisor will work a 3/3 rotation and the contract is due to finish at the end of December 2022. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The Wellsite Drilling Engineer / Assistant Drilling Supervisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing well engineering and operations assistance to the Offshore Drilling Supervisors.
- Monitoring the drilling operation and suggesting improvements to optimise the drilling process and performance.
- Carrying out cementing and casing tally calculations. Ensuring sufficient stocks of chemicals, cement and pipe are available to perform the planned operations.
- In coordination with service companies, carrying out deck checks, as well as pre-job checks of casing cementing and wellhead equipment, and understanding functionality of all tools and equipment.
- Requesting mudloggers and drilling fluid providers to carry out surge / swab calculations for all casing running operations.
- Carrying out spot ID checks of casing and pre-measured lengths. Closely monitoring casing running operations, including double checking of tally (including joints run / joints to be run / joints remaining on deck).
- Understanding and monitoring the cementing operation, including mixing and pumping of spacer / barrels of cement mixed / dart dropping operations / barrels of displacement fluid / plug bump pressures.
- Witnessing casing shoe integrity tests and calculate minimum leak-off values.
- Carrying out Well Plan modelling on buckling to run liners, as well as torque and drag modelling.
- Completing casing and cementing reports in a timely manner.
- Holding section review meetings along with Performance Toolpusher and log lessons learned.
- Writing hole section summaries for EOWRs.
- Ensuring service company reports, bit reports, leak-off test reports and BOP chart reports are submitted to the Onshore Team in a timely manner.
- Monitoring the drilling performance (ROP / formation response / flow rate / pump pressure / surface torque / WOB / down hole vibration / hole cleaning / LWD formation response) and advising the Offshore Drilling Supervisors of any concerns and / or potential improvements.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Valid / up-to-date IWCF Well Control Level 2 certification, as a minimum, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to hold the full suite of offshore certification.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with a North Sea oil and gas operator, is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team