Workshop Business Administrator - VR/25249
Based in Turriff, the opportunity for a Workshop Business Administrator has arisen on a permanent basis. This role will be based in the office above the workshop and will be supporting with documentation, minutes, record keeping, preparing reports and checklists. Previous experience in a similar role would be essential. HNC/HND in Business Admin would be advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting with the preparation of technical documentation.
- Transmitting workshop documentation to Engineering.
- Adding new assets / jobs to WIP List for hire.
- Raising requisitions and turning to POs for all blasting, NDT, and any other department requirements such as mechanical / assembly components, personnel hired into the workshop and steel / profiles for fabrication of new manufactured items.
- Creating, maintaining and completing manufacturing drawing folders.
- Liaising with companies to obtain quotes.
- Liaising with Logistics to arrange transporting of items.
- Ordering hire assets slings and shackles and paint and paint consumables when required.
- Maintaining accurate filing systems, printing, scanning, copying of required documents.
- Updating / monitoring of holiday tracker, C-SAM, and timesheets.
- Supporting Project Teams and finance colleagues with monitoring of projects and work to resolve issues.
- Checking, revising and validating documentation.
- Completing departmental audits and spot checks as and when required.
- Compiling miscellaneous dispatch notes and service requests as required.
- Updating department forms, procedures etc for uploading to SharePoint.
- Assisting and being an active member in providing adhoc reception cover.
- Compiling monthly stationary order for on passing to Facilities.
- Supporting meetings as requested and documenting minutes accordingly.
- Providing administrative support to the department when required and to the wider business as necessary, includes involvement with ad-hoc assignments.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Previous relevant experience.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- IT literate with advanced experience of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Effective team player.
- Professional and effective verbal and written communication.
- HNC/HND in Business Admin/Management or Business Modern Apprenticeship.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team