Yard Operator - VR/27600
We are looking to recruit a Yard Operator on a 3-month contract at our clients base in Bridge of Don.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring that a safe working environment is achieved and maintained at all times through full compliance with legislative and company health and safety requirements.
- Providing general labouring / yard / warehousing support to all parts of the plant and logistics team as necessary.
- Safely and efficiently loading and unloading containers.
- Safely moving equipment and materials using forklift when required.
- Safely and effectively cleaning and preparing equipment.
- Pro-actively keeping the worksite clear of obstructions and potential hazards and maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
- Liaising with Operations Foreman daily to clarify requirements and prioritise tasks as necessary.
Applicants to this role require
- Previous experience in a stores or warehouse environment.
- Forklift licence is preferable.
- Banksman or rigging and slinging preferable.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of and interest in safe warehouse / stores operations.
- Highly organised and able to meet deadlines.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team