Accountant - VR/29050
Join a renowned family owned organisation as Accountant. Reporting to the Financial Controller, as Accountant, you will be preparing monthly management accounts to board level, analysing profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow to deadlines set.
The Accountant will be responsible for an American entity which has a large turnover and will work closely with a small team in The States.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Producing accurate and timely monthly management accounts, including balance sheets, profit and loss, and cash flows, accompanied by comprehensive analysis and explanatory commentary on relevant financial matters.
Ensuring thorough reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
Closing and reconciling ledgers and sub-ledgers on a monthly basis.
- Contributing to the implementation of suitable financial procedures and controls.
- Controlling and maintaining the working capital of the business by providing accurate month-end stock reporting, actively pursuing debt, and managing creditor payments.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Attending and actively participating in regular team meetings to enhance departmental efficiency.
- Annual budgeting.
- Preparing clear and accurate year-end schedules to allow for timely production of statutory year-end accounts.
- Compiling and submitting all necessary information for taxation and VAT/GST purposes.
- Accounting for all foreign exchange movements in relation to overseas transactions.
- Providing payroll information to the outsourced payroll service within agreed timelines.
- Reviewing invoices on the system when necessary.
- Qualified or experienced Part-Qualified Accountant.
- Previous experience in reporting to directors and business management.
- positive, assertive, and outgoing personality preferred.
- Excellent communications and report presentation skills both written and verbal.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team