Accounts Payable Clerk - VR/22536
Accounts Payable Clerk required to join a growing independent oil operator. Joining on a permanent basis, you will hold responsibility for all processing and accounting matters relating to accounts payable, bank payments and related ledger accounts. Previous use of SUN Systems would be advantageous, as would exposure within an Operator environment.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will report into the Accounts Payable Supervisor and be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating with AP Supervisor and AP Team to ensure all duties are completed efficiently with process controls.
- Processing all purchase invoices in SUN.
- Acting as focal point of contact for supplier queries, regularly managing the AP inbox.
- Coordinating invoice approval process, ensuring approvals obtained in a timely manner and in adherence to delegation of authority.
- Assisting in generating weekly payment runs from SUN for input into commercial online.
- Providing information on purchase invoices due for payment for weekly cash flow forecast to Senior Accountant.
- Performing supplier call back checks to ensure bank details provided by any new suppliers are correct.
- Assisting in the monthly accounts payable close process, including ensuring all invoices and bank payments have been posted in Sun.
- Performing monthly reporting of aged creditors and preparation of accounts payable reconciliation.
- Monitoring the supplier balances within Sun on a continual basis, to ensure compliance with processes
Previous experience with Sun Systems is required.
You will approach all work with a determined attitude and will be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders. Demonstrable experience in working to tight deadlines is also sought after.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team