AP Assistant – VR/25102
Accounts Payable Assistant required to join an organisation in the optometry sector. Located in the heart of Aberdeen, you will maintain the purchase ledger, ensuring accurate costs for P&L reporting.
Past experience within AP is essential, whilst SAP experience would be beneficial.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, your role will cover the following core responsibilities:
- Accurately processing purchase invoices and credit notes, including coding to the relevant branches within SAP.
- Accurately processing of invoices ensuring matching in same period of sale.
- Ensuring invoices are saved electronically.
- Checking invoices are approved in a timely manner.
- Arranging payment of invoices once approved – weekly and monthly payment runs, including payment scheduling from purchase ledger.
- Ensuring any queries are dealt with promptly.
- Reconciling month end balances to supplier statements resolving any discrepancies i.e. overpayments or double postings.
- Raising new supplier accounts when required.
- Liaising closely with suppliers to resolve any queries regarding payment date or invoice details, ensuring good relations are maintained.
- Reconciling year end balances to supplier statements resolving any discrepancies i.e. overpayments or double postings
You should ideally have previous exposure to the SAP system and be able to maintain and develop close working relationships with both suppliers and external stakeholders.
You should have high attention to detail and be able to demonstrate your ability to work quickly and with accuracy.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team