Applications Developer - VR/22295
Currently recruiting for an experienced Applications Developer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Cove, Aberdeen. Although the role will be based remotely initially, due to current Covid-19 restrictions, it will become a full-time office-based position down the line. Therefore, applicants must be willing to work in the Aberdeen office, on a full-time basis, at some point in the future.
The Applications Developer will provide software development and maintenance, covering in-house applications, company websites / portals, device-based applications, reporting logic, automation and ERP customisation. The post holder will be involved in the participation and ownership of any phase of software development, including specification & business case, business analysis, system design, programming, testing, deployment, support and enhancement.
Reporting to the Group IT / Business Systems Manager, the Applications Developer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Writing specifications, as well as designing, building, testing, implementing and providing high-level application support, using programming languages and development tools.
- Updating, repairing, modifying and developing software.
- Requirements specification via client consultation.
- Design clarification and software modelling.
- Working as part of temporary project teams.
- Ownership / coordination of software design and testing.
- Software deployment in conjunction with Operations.
- Troubleshooting, debugging and rectifying software.
- Adapting software to new requirements.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Computing / IT discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar Applications / Software Developer type role.
- C# experience.
- .NET development experience.
- Data-driven applications development experience.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Source control and versioning experience.
- A master’s degree qualification in a relevant Computing / IT discipline.
- SQL server development (T-SQL, stored procedures, views, functions) experience.
- Mobile device development experience.
- Web server planning and administration (IIS) experience.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- TFS / GIT experience.
- SSRS / PowerBI report development experience.
- Experience of working in an ERP environment.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team