Asset Engineer - VR/28197
Currently recruiting for an experienced Asset Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It’s a core contract position that will be eligible for annual renewal so it will be a long-term opportunity. The company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and hybrid working opportunities will be available.
An onshore office-based position, this role would suit a candidate who has a strong mechanical engineering background within the North Sea oil and gas industry.
Reporting to the Asset Smart Room Lead, the Asset Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the Field Ops Manager / SMART Room Leader in coordinating cross-functional activity.
- Liaising with SMART Room team members and provide support or information when required.
- Organising and managing RFM approvals by Field Ops Manager with regular RFM meetings.
- Assisting safety with follow up on HSE and OPRED inspection actions and assist in drafting responses for Field Ops Manger approval.
- Organising and managing meetings with central HSE Department to track progress and closure of Synergi actions raised by independent verifier.
- Reviewing SECE dashboard and providing updates for Field Ops specific integrity threats.
- Attending ORA's and provide updates to TA's on live ORA's during review meeting.
- Focal point within Smart Room for audit actions (e.g., OPERSAFE, PTR, MAESTRO, etc).
- Assisting with initiatives to improve safety / efficiency / reliability. Participating in modifications safety review / HAZOP / HAZID and assessment process as appropriate.
- Ensuring that appropriate procedures, training and information are in place for modifications and new equipment received offshore.
- Supporting the Smart Room Lead in communications and commercial information provision to external companies.
- Reviewing 6-week plan against CMMS maintenance plan and ensure SIMOPS have been identified and minimised.
- Ensuring the planning gates are being met with regards to CMMS updates, notifications / work orders / SO’s etc. Assist discipline engineers where applicable.
- Focal point for asset short-term Action Log – attending morning call and collating actions / distribute to discipline leads.
- Focal point for asset material tracker.
- Assisting SMART Room Lead and GMOC with process of deferrals.
- Assisting Operations Superintendent with maintaining the Critical Equipment Register.
- Supporting maintenance review, financial approval and deferral processes.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role, within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Mechanical engineering experience, within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Experience in an operational or front-line support role, within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Applicants should have comprehensive knowledge of onshore / offshore process and production systems.
- Applicants should have experience of working in an offshore environment.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team