Buyer/Senior Buyer - VR/28253
A Buyer/Senior Buyer is required on a permanent basis for a leading provider of solutions to the oil and gas industry based in Dyce.
In this role you will be assisting with the procurement of goods and services to the business, achieving cost effectiveness as well as quality for operations, engineering and sales.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the provision of procurement of goods and services to achieve low costs, high quality and appropriate delivery time for sourced materials and services.
- Sourcing new vendors for R&D and engineering product lines in line with the companies’ procedures.
- Ensuring all purchases and requirements are dealt with in line with procurement procedures.
- Developing and maintaining supplier relationships.
- Sourcing quotations from approved suppliers and providing price summaries to requestor for consideration, including engineering product lines, sales, business development and operations.
- Assisting Sales in tenders and quotations by providing quoted pricing and lead times to ensure delivery and tendered pricing is accurate and achievable.
- Negotiating the best product quality and price.
- Using the purchasing system to generate purchase orders for the business.
- Expediting and tracking critical high level spend, project and engineering orders.
- Assisting Finance with monthly invoice queries.
- Reacting quickly on supply chain issues or sourcing activities.
- Assisting the Purchasing Supervisor with monthly and annual KPIs, as well as budgetary reviews.
- Carrying out non-critical evaluations on suppliers.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience, and knowledge:
- Purchasing experience, preferably within an engineering/manufacturing or technical setting.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of IT systems.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team