Category Lead - VR/23316
Requirement for a Category Lead to join an international E&P company on an initial 6-month contract, ideally starting in October.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing category strategies for Exploration / Offshore service categories.
- Identifying strategies to support the business needs and obtain internal stakeholder buy-in across all levels of the organisation.
- Identifying and implementing TCO reduction opportunities for the goods and services being evaluated.
- Leading cross-functional teams on project-based initiatives to develop and implement key elements of category strategies.
- Managing the competitive bidding process for multiple lines of services globally as part of strategic sourcing events, including supplier communications.
- Overseeing and constructing comprehensive bid evaluation models incorporating pre-determined criteria and weightings, discounted cash flow analysis and input from Key Stakeholders.
- Developing negotiation strategies by identifying and quantifying gives, takes and best alternatives
- Coordinating the preparation and execution of commercial agreements in a manner that ensures proper definition of the business relationship allocating / mitigating risk between Apache and the supplier.
- Identifying and monitoring leading supply market indicators to proactively adjust category strategies.
- Working with key Stakeholders and suppliers to create accurate material forecasts, placing orders to ensure adequate inventory and safety stock levels avoiding any operational down time
- Evaluating and testing category levers, including pooled demand, standard designs / requirements, and supplier performance incentives to drive continuous improvement.
- Establishing, maintaining and communicating an understanding of the client business unit, the relative importance of the materials and services required, and process improvement methods utilised to support Supply Chain initiatives.
- Interacting with business units to ensure understanding and ownership is achieved on all commercial and project-based initiatives.
- Understanding and driving adoption of Purchase-to-Pay processes and systems.
- Developing detailed contract management plans with input from Stakeholders to ensure adherence to commercial / technical requirements.
- Driving Supplier performance management through measurement of KPIs, communication of operational performance and identification of areas for improvement.
Applicants to this position should have experience in a similar role; with knowledge of strategic sourcing and category management. You’ll need a proven track record of applying category management techniques, including supply market analysis, TCO principles and strategy development.
Experience of Microsoft Excel is essential and knowledge of SAP Ariba would also be beneficial.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team