Category Specialist - VR/26666
This organisation makes offshore energy transition possible through the continuous evolution of lower-carbon oil and gas and by enabling the growth of renewables and emerging energy. As Category Specialist, you’ll be responsible for the procurement of complex product categories, supporting tendering, and pre-and-post-award management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in Tendering / Sales and Marketing to achieve key target award objectives such as meeting local content requirements, achieving a fast-track delivery and providing best overall value for the tender submission.
- Accountable for tender and subcontract activities for an allocated category and acting as the focal point for SCM.
- Developing clear category procurement strategies for key tenders, ensuring an appropriate balance between internal benchmarking and external Request for Quotations (RFQs).
- Preparing RFQs / ITTs for goods and services in line with allocated budgets, quality and delivery targets.
- Ensuring all category subcontracts for the project provide best value and contractual position with regards to risk evaluation, budget adherence and delivery.
- Coordinating the placement of subcontracts/purchase orders and ensuring compliance with category strategies and project procurement plan.
- Organising kick-off meetings and attending pre-production meetings with vendors.
- Tracking the weekly progress of category complex/critical packages awarded to suppliers and providing regular progress updates to the Subcontract Specialist/Project Team.
- Expediting orders and ensuring all documentation is received on time.
- Expediting invoices and closing-out projects in timely manner.
- Negotiating any disputes that may arise in the supply chain.
- Evaluating supplier performance and lessons-learned with the category and project team as appropriate.
- Continuously monitoring the market for allocated category, particularly for category pricing and capacity.
- Conducting regular category meetings with key regional functional stakeholders to review and taking appropriate action in relation to category strategies and support business/project requirements.
- Presenting category strategy updates to the senior management team.
- Ensuring the Sales & Marketing Team are aware of market fluctuations, particularly when recommending suppliers at tender stage.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, attributes and qualifications:
- Significant experience in a similar role with knowledge of the Upstream Oil and Gas / Renewables Industry.
- Pre-and-post-award experience in EPCI environment and/or experience in supporting EPCI Tenders within SCM.
- Pre-and-post-award experience in procurement of complex Category / Commodities in Oil and Gas / Renewables Industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. SAP / SAP Ariba experience is desirable.
- CIPs qualification (or similar) is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop collaborative relationships at all levels across a multicultural global environment.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Numeric, with the ability to work with detail and accuracy.
- Proactive planning and organisational skills, able to identify and effectively prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities within a fast-paced 24/7 global business.
- Proactive with a solutions-based approach, willing to challenge the status quo.
- Initiative to deliver workload unsupervised while flexible to support wider team activities.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team