Cloud Security Engineer - VR/27817
TMM Recruitment is supporting a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry to find a Cloud Security Engineer on a permanent basis based in Westhill but with hybrid working options available. Reporting to the Information Security Manager, your primary focus will be responsible for delivery of cyber security improvements across the cloud offerings.
The Cloud Security Engineer (CSE) role will be responsible for delivery of cyber security improvements across the cloud offerings at the company. Reporting to the Information Security Manager as part of the IT Security Team the successful candidate will bring a strong cybersecurity background and have a sound technical understanding of enterprise IT.
The CSE will work alongside the IT Security Team, Internal IT Teams and managed service providers to ensure that the cloud environment meets security best practices. This role will require a clear communicator who will be able to explain complex security challenges to a wide range of stakeholders.
As the cloud technologies continue to evolve so does the security requirements to keep them secure. The CSE will help shape our cloud security strategy ensuring that our policies, tools and ways of working continue to adapt to meet these new challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working within the IT Security Team to design and deploy cloud security solutions across our IAAS, PAAS and SAAS technologies.
- Working with the IT Security Team to develop and maintain security policies and procedures for the cloud environment.
- Conducting regular security assessments and audits to identify and mitigate risks within cloud environment.
- Supporting and maintaining the security controls within Azure Active Directory and Microsoft 365.
- Identifying security risks and provide recommendations for mitigation.
- Supporting during any production issues and incidents and participating in the problem and change management forums.
- Supporting and maintaining Cloud Security Tooling and Platforms.
- Taking part in post incident reviews and proposing engineering resolutions to improve results in any future recurrence.
- Assisting with mentoring and cross skill training across the IT Security Team and wider IT function.
- Staying up to date with the latest threats and vulnerabilities in the cloud environment and make recommendations for remediation.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team