Communications Officer - VR/23593
Are you looking for your next role in Communications? Are you available for a new temporary contract? Located in central Aberdeen, this role will operate for a period of 4-6 months. Flexible hours are available and this role can be worked on either a full or part time basis. Get in touch with the team for a confidential chat.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in building the organisations reputation regionally, nationally and internationally by positively positioning the business among key internal and external stakeholders.
The role will focus on effective external and internal communications to promote its culture and engagement with key stakeholders and influencers. You will support on key areas of the businesses corporate communications strategy which includes proactive stakeholder engagement, strategic content development, media relations, public affairs and internal communications.
Key Duties Include:
- Supporting in the delivery of external and internal communication plans by contributing to activity in stakeholder engagement, media relations, public affairs, social and digital media and internal communications.
- Identifying and pursuing content ideas and opportunities, in conjunction with the Senior Communication Officer and Communications Manager.
- Producing content for multimedia purposes for publication through digital, social and print external and internal channels.
- Planning, organising and scheduling internal and external content.
- Contributing to the management of social media channels, planning, producing and publishing content and responding to messages.
- Delivering content through a diverse mix of channels to support the communication strategy.
- Supporting in the development and delivery of an annual editorial calendar focused on creating and curating valuable relevant content which capitalises on internally and externally-led communication opportunities.
- Developing a library of images and videos and be involved in all aspects of the visual content production process, including securing and writing stories or scripts as necessary, conducting interviews, recording and editing material.
- Monitoring and measuring channels for performance and effectiveness of content and channels.
Key Requirements Include:
- First degree in communications-related discipline or significant background in corporate communications.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to a wide range of communications activity including stakeholder engagement, media relations, public affairs, digital media and internal communications.
- Proven experience of high-level writing skills and content development for multimedia purposes.
- Experience in targeted stakeholder engagement, including use of content and channels to reach specific audiences.
- Excellent teamwork skills, including working collaboratively to deliver on departmental priorities and integrated communication plans and campaigns.
- Excellent stakeholder relations capabilities and project management skills.
- Experience in a complex organisation and ability to work across multiple departments.
- Experience of working quickly and accurately with resilience to work well under pressure.
- Experience of prioritising and managing significant workload and meeting deadlines.
- Experience in measuring channels for performance and effectiveness.
- Ability to be creative, challenge and demonstrate initiative.
What Can You Expect:
- Familiar with graphic design software and experience of working with design agencies to guide the creative process.
- Experience of building positive working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Engagement of a wider network of professionals in creating and implementing new approaches to communications.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team