Contract Advisor - VR/27464
Requirement for an experienced Contracts Advisor to join a leading independent E&P company for an initial 12-month contract duration. This position is office-based in Aberdeen.
As Contracts Advisor, you’ll work within the Operations & Business Support contracts function and will be allocated a portfolio of IT and Facilities contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing post award contract / commercial management of the contracts already in place.
- Contract progress verification, change management, claims mitigation, invoice verification and closeout.
- Overseeing preparation and administration of minor third-party contracts.
- Ensuring all compliance, project Joint Venture and Company requirements regarding contracting processes are satisfied.
- Developing and implementing post award Contractor relationship / performance management including the tracking of the same.
- Compliant contract administration.
- Engaging and coordinating with Legal and other functional SMEs for contracting support.
- Preparing requests for proposal documentation.
- Co-ordinating subsequent evaluation / award recommendation.
- Leading negotiations.
- Contract development and award.
- Management of SAP / eProcurement system records.
- Establishing and ensuring the needs and requirements of key internal and external stakeholders are met.
- Representing the Project(s) Team as the SCM focal point at all monthly Tender Board Meetings as required.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Contracts Advisor on similar work scope, capable of managing multiple contracts of varying levels of complexity, preferably having worked for an Operator in the UKCS.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with high volume of activity.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable with formal SCM systems including principles and associated processes, practices, or tools including contract drafting and formulation, legal requirements, Terms and Conditions and risk assessment.
- Experienced and effective in interfacing with internal stakeholders such as core business operations, compliance, Legal, Finance, as well as the Procurement, Materials, QA/QC and Logistics elements of the overarching supply chain management, as well as external stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of end-to-end Contracting process (Planning, Sourcing, Negotiation and Supplier Management).
- Proven business and commercial acumen, including negotiation skills.
Proficient in SAP, e-Procurement systems and Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to effectively communicate within a multi-functional project team and with various technical backgrounds.
- Preferably degree qualified in an appropriate commercial discipline (e.g., Quantity Surveying, Business Management, Law).
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team