Contracts Analyst - Technical Services - VR/22426
This is a contract position, offered on a PAYE day-rate basis. The Contracts Analyst is responsible for the preparation, negotiation, award and monitoring the administration of contracts for works / goods / services in such a manner as to ensure the company’s best commercial interests are both served and protected, monitoring relevant markets and supporting contractor performance management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organising and controlling all process-based activities relating to onshore / offshore service contracts for an assigned Technical Services portfolio (drilling, wells and geoscience) including strategies, pre-qualifications, tender list development, issue of ITT / CFT, analysis of tenders, contract negotiations and the preparation of contractual documentation.
- Proactively working with relevant internal stakeholders to build and maintain relationships with contractors / suppliers and monitoring their performance by participating in contract performance management activities.
- Liaising closely with the relevant Category Manager to locally deploy Category strategy and comply with TGP governance.
- Actively pursuing contracting synergy opportunities for all business requirements.
- Providing proactive and timely advice and support to internal and external stakeholders in all matters relating to Contracts and Procurement, including operating as a ‘Duet’ with the technical counterpart to promote effective contract planning, management and performance.
- Utilising approved standard contract documentation and ensuring compliance with standard contracting principles during negotiations.
- Complying with all applicable Contracts and Procurement rules, governance and process.
- Ensuring that contractor / supplier selection is carried out in accordance with company requirements and Compliance Programme and that safety and environmental assessments are part of the selection process.
- Mitigating risk through pro-active management and negotiation of contractual disputes. Supporting settlement of claims, in conjunction with senior management and Legal, by proposing strategies and actions and by participating in negotiations.
- Contributing to the process of continuous improvement, including participation in and promotion of Lean initiatives and adoption and sharing of best practice.
- Preparing and presenting (where required) Contracts Committee presentations.
Applicants to this position should offer strong, demonstrable, practical experience in preparation and negotiation of medium to high complexity technical contracts. Demonstrable experience in sourcing negotiations, supplier management and contract management is essential. A degree-level qualification is preferred, as is a CIPS qualification (or similar).
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team