Contracts Analyst - VR/28557
Experienced Contracts Analyst required to undertake an initial 12-month contract with our client, an international E&P company.
You’ll play a key role in the development and execution of the Contracts Team functional strategy, with a focus on Subsea Contracts, providing support to key stakeholders across the business by:
- Contributing to the development and execution of the overarching contracting strategy, in support of all contracting activities.
- Giving advice and support across the organisation on matters relating to contracts planning, strategy and performance management.
- Undertaking all formal contracting activities relating to on/offshore service and work contracts, including assessment of internal and external demand, pre-qualifications, tender list development and contract development strategies. Issuing ITT, analysing tenders, contract negotiations, preparing contractual documentation and contract management plans.
- Completing post-award contract administration including drafting and processing of amendments, variations, dispute management and obtaining internal and external approvals.
- Providing comprehensive advice on commercial and business risk.
- Contributing to the process of continuous improvement in the contracting process, including the adoption and sharing of best practice. Openly and proactively share knowledge across Supply Chain and wider business teams.
- The delivery of high-quality service provision which ensures activities are completed to the highest professional and integrity standards in accordance with the company’s contracting procedures/processes and business controls, whilst ensuring all decisions/commitments are recorded in an auditable manner.
- Working with department manager’s and contract owners to monitor the performance of contractors and suppliers, developing highly positive and constructive relationships with key contacts, internally and externally, holding regular feedback meetings with all stakeholders.
- Taking ownership for the continuous development of personal and technical expertise and knowledge.
- Sharing knowledge and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Having a good understanding of outcome based contracting and transformational contracting methodologies which actively encourage superior performance.
- Participation at Contracts Review Board for key strategies and contracts.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the follow experience, skills and qualifications:
- A proven track record of Contracts Management within the Oil and Gas industry, experience in an Operator environment is beneficial but not essential.
- Solid understanding of the oil and gas industry supply chain market and its contracting principles (use of LOGIC based contracts) and practices.
- Full understanding of current UK/EU procurement legislation and the compliance requirements in terms of Supply Chain.
- High degree of commercial awareness and fully developed analytical skills in terms of contractual cost analysis.
- Comprehensive understanding of contractual risk allocation.
- Highly developed facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Extensive experience in post award contract management.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to perform at a high level under pressure and to prioritise work accordingly.
- Articulate communication skills.
- Numerate, analytical and logical thinker with strong organisational ability.
- An effective relationship-builder at all levels, with strong influencing ability both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of information systems such as SAP and highly competent in using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in budget and reporting techniques.
- An understanding of project management practices.
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team