Crane Maintenance Focal Point - VR/27328
Currently recruiting for an experienced onshore-based Crane Maintenance Focal Point on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It is a new project role, and the contract is currently due to run until the end of December 2023. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and hybrid working opportunities will be available.
The Crane Maintenance Focal Point will be responsible for delivering improvements to offshore pedestal crane maintenance to ensure continued safe use and increased availability across all company offshore sites.
Reporting to the Engineering Leader, the Crane Maintenance Focal Point will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Delivering Crane Maintenance Improvement Plan.
- Developing crane availability and maintenance dashboards.
- Developing crane condition maintenance trending reports.
- Reviewing and aligning (where possible) of crane inspections with planned maintenance activities.
- Delivering and implementing updated crane FMECAs.
- Delivering obsolescence strategy and critical spares reviews.
- Completing as-building for critical drawing.
- Reviewing proposal for condition monitoring and making recommendations to Asset Teams.
- Reviewing the status of crane boom structural models and making recommendations for development of working models for use in future damage assessments.
- Delivering procedures for refurbishment, test and return to stock of critical equipment.
- Providing technical support to Projects team for delivery of significant crane modification and upgrade scopes.
- Developing technical scope of work for modifications.
- Completing technical evaluation of tenders as required.
- Participating in / contribute to safety reviews, HAZIDs etc.
- Technical review of contractor engineering deliverables.
- Ensuring full compliance with SECE performance standards and supporting their updates when required.
- Liaising with IVB and HSE (regulator) when required.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with site personnel through effective communication and by making regular visits to operated assets.
- Developing positive and constructive relationships with contractors and suppliers.
- Assisting Technical Authority - Handling and Lifting Operations (CPLO) in carrying out this role.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification an Engineering / Technical discipline would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar onshore / office-based Crane Maintenance Focal Point type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Experience in the delivery of significant offshore pedestal crane maintenance and upgrade projects, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Applicants should have extensive knowledge of offshore / terminal plant, equipment and maintenance systems.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team