Customs Specialist - VR/28279
Customs Specialist required to join a reputable organisation providing oilfield equipment, technologies and expertise to the energy sector.
In this role, you will be guiding and supporting in customs special procedures in accordance with HMRC guidelines. You will also manage the day to day running of the customs special procedures that are currently in place.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Escalating any customs compliance issues to management as required.
- Working with key stakeholders to develop and execute plans while ensuring that customs compliance requirements are always met.
- Managing current Inward Processing Authorisations across UK Business Units.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance across the UK Business Units to meet requirements of customs approvals.
- Maintaining accurate records of goods imported to Inward Processing and assisting with submission of Bills of Discharge to HMRC to meet deadlines.
- Managing third party approved vendors in line with current Inward Processing Authorisation.
- Preparing and supporting of external audits as required by HMRC.
- Managing customs clearance for equipment being imported into IP or any other customs procedure.
- Managing customs clearance for equipment being re-exported out of IP or any other customs procedure.
- Recordkeeping in line with HMRC guidance.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience, and knowledge:
- Knowledge of commodity codes.
- Knowledge of FTA, knowledge of Origin and Preference.
- Customs Qualification completed with Institute of Export.
- Experience in Import/Export.
- Knowledge of customs practices and special procedures.
- Computer literacy, including good command of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of using a duty management system.
- Knowledge of ERP systems.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team