Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Engineer – VR/24815
TMM Recruitment is working with one of the most prestigious oil and gas companies in the North East to source a Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Engineer on a permanent basis. The right candidate will have strong negotiating skills and must be able to influence all levels to ensure service issues and improvement activities are receiving the necessary support and are resourced sufficiently to implement solutions. Experience of developing and implementing process improvements is key as is Strong experience in service management in the oil and gas sector.
Purpose of Role
- The Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Engineer is responsible for supporting the day-to-day service delivery and ongoing operation of defined IT services provided by both internal and external service providers, including deployment, monitoring, and administration as well as prevention and resolution of issues.
- The role is responsible for the agreement and management of appropriate Service Level Agreements (SLA) for the service (ITIL) functions within their control, including leading and managing said SLAs.
- The role will support the Service Delivery Lead in the governance of relevant disciplines.
- In addition, the Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Engineer will work with the Software Asset Management Engineer to ensure adequate cover for both roles and common practices are introduced and followed throughout the organisation, ensuring that all business continuity, disaster recovery and software asset management responsibilities can be shared and undertaken as and when required.
MAE / MATTE and HSE Critical Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and Harbour Energy HSEQ procedures.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence Level
- Acting as Process Manager for service level management process assigned to role, and is responsible for establishing operational requirements, deploying a process consistent with overall IS practices, and measuring and managing its on-going efficiency and effectiveness. The role will manage and conduct regular reviews of existing processes and tools to identify and implement identified improvements.
- Ensuring the resolution of problems and queries relating to the operational services within their discipline are dealt with efficiently and effectively to the customers' satisfaction.
- For relevant discipline, ensuring the development of operational policies and procedures to reflect industry best practice and that these are adopted and deployed across the department and wider business where appropriate.
- Supports Senior Manager – Service Operations and Service Delivery Lead with developing the annual IS operations budget.
- Adhering to enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics.
- Ensuring the adoption of (and commitment towards) service improvements.
- Building successful relationships with other IS and business functions through a clear understanding of business needs, and ensuring delivery of IT services to meet those needs.
- Following the formal governance mechanism to establish and monitor effective controls for the processes and functions performed by IS Operations Teams.
- Responsible for ensuring IS operational capabilities achieve regulatory or statutory compliance requirements.
- Working with minimal supervision, using clearly defined processes and procedures.
- Facilitating the use of the performance metrics to improve output.
- May be required to provide out of hours support via an on-call rota.
Critical Skills, Qualifications Experience
- Excellent analytical, collaborative (team working) with planning and execution skills.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. Must be able to influence all levels to ensure service issues and improvement activities are receiving the necessary support and are resourced sufficiently to implement solutions.
- Practical experience of process management.
- Lateral mind-set and approach to problem solving.
- Good technical awareness and an ability to translate 'technical to business'.
- Experience of developing and implementing process improvements.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Experience of delivering governance practices to track and measure the quality of services, and maintain service improvement plans.
- Good third-party management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to the IS workforce.
- Strong experience in service management in the oil and gas sector or equivalent, with experience of service request and incident, problem, change, service continuity, risk management, capacity, and performance and CSLAM.
- ITIL qualification (foundation at a minimum or similar demonstrated experience) with strong IT operations acumen, including cross-domain knowledge and preferably earlier career experience in an individual contributor role in IT support and operations.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team