Dynamics 365 System Administrator - VR/27063
Market leading energy service company with a global reach is looking to recruit a Dynamics 365 System Administrator on a permanent basis. Based in Portlethen, this role will be based on site however a compressed working hours scheme is available.
The job holder is responsible and accountable for the overall administration, development, maintenance, and support of the core ERP system. They participate in the activities required to ensure the reliability, stability, availability, performance of, security of and ongoing maintenance of the application components that will make up the ERP. They provide technical and functional support in the areas of ERP systems administration, problem resolution, support, process mapping, system testing and development, security access and training.
The key attributes needed in this position include strong multi-tasking, detail-orientation, fast-learning and self-organising skills, as well as expertise with the software development life cycle and knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Learning and understanding the "as is" environment to be able to provide functional expertise and knowledge of the existing business practices.
- Providing end user training and assisting users with day-to-day issues, problems and questions.
- Collaborating with end users, project manager and management for system enhancements and upgrades.
- Working collaboratively with team members to troubleshoot and resolve Dynamics 365 issues.
- Proposing tangible solutions to avoid repeatable errors.
- Providing guidance for system changes and enhancements.
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities for assigned systems and processes.
- Creating user accounts, deleting accounts, creating/changing permissions by account; user profiles, page layouts, security in Dynamics 365.
- Creating and/or enhancing end user documentation / SOP and resolving daily execution issues with end users.
- Troubleshooting functional aspect of D365 as per tickets submitted by end users.
- Updating and maintaining the company’s Standard Dynamics 365 Training material.
- Providing detailed documentation on issues that need to be escalated to our Microsoft Support Partner.
- Ensuring Change Request process is being followed as documented in the company’s IT policies.
- Updating and maintaining regression testing procedures within LCS.
- Assisting with answering questions related to end of year audit.
- Providing support during UAT and regression testing with quarterly updates to Dynamics 365.
- Quickly identifying technical issues versus functional issues as per tickets submitted by end users.
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of Power BI reports.
- Completing special projects and providing project support as requested by senior leadership.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable administration experience with Microsoft Dynamics D365 or significant demonstrable administration experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009/2012.
- Experience with test planning, documentation, execution, bug/issue triage/tracking.
- AIF, AX frameworks.
- SSRS documents.
- Knowledge of the Dynamics AX environment and framework.
- Familiarity with DevOps lifecycle.
- Knowledge of Power Platform capabilities and functions.
- Functional experience with Power BI.
- Proficiency in business applications strategy and implementation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Awareness and working knowledge of IT infrastructure.
- Experience in creating and maintaining user and technical documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and user help materials.
- Experience with D365 Finance and Operations.
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)/VSTS – manage development lifecycle process, deliver source control, work item tracking and the build process. Microsoft Visual Studio team system servers including build servers and test servers.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), influencing and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of commercial acumen.
- Highly professional conduct.
- Must be willing to travel and able to spend time away from home.
- Able to problem solve and a desire to learn.
- Able to respond to complicated inquiries and effectively present information based on the audience.
- Able to work in a team environment or independently.
- Customer service focused.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team