Electrical Design Engineer - VR/22588
Currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil & Gas company based in Glasgow. Working a 37.5-hour working week, the Electrical Design Engineer will be required to take responsibility for the design and development of new electrical systems for various applications, as well as assume the position of Electrical Technical Authority for the company. This role would suit an individual who possesses around 5-10 years’ worth of electrical design engineering experience, as well as an HND / Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Electrical Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out electrical engineering review of customer specifications.
- Working within the Engineering team to compile detailed electrical engineering solutions, in line with customer requirements.
- Preparing electrical schematic diagrams, single line diagrams, cable schedules and MTO.
- Working with the Tendering Team to compile electrical costings, in line with customer RFQ’s.
- Compiling complete electrical system layouts and drawings using CAD.
- Liaising with the Workshop Engineers throughout the build of projects to oversee all electrical aspects of the project.
- Liaising with customers to establish and develop electrical system specifications to meet project needs.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree / HND qualification in Electrical Engineering.
- 5-10 years’ experience in detailed engineering and design of electrical works.
- Previous experience in a similar Electrical Design Engineer type role.
- Experience of carrying out engineering design, development and manufacture of electrical power and control systems.
- Proficiency in the design of electrical power and control systems, that integrate with hydraulic systems.
- Proficiency in design and calculation software.
- CAD systems experience.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards.
- Previous experience of working in an oil and gas service company environment.
- Experience of integrating electrical systems with hydraulic systems.
- Experience of participating in engineering reviews and/or investigations with customers.
- PED/ATEX knowledge.
- Experience with AutoCAD, or a similar package.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team