Electrical Instructor (PLC & VFD) - VR/24384
Our client is looking for a candidate expert with PLC and VFD experience who may want a change in direction and likes the idea of being able to share their knowledge and experience with others as an instructor. Training will be given to develop as an Electrical Training Instructor at the Training Centre in Montrose.
This position is not suitable for home working. The role will be office based in Montrose UK although the training location is at the customers preference so offshore and global travel can be expected.
Previous experience in oil and gas not essential as the company recognises skills and experience from a variety of industries including FMCG, heavy Industry (paper, steel, etc.) automotive etc. All will be considered.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of skilled and motivated instructors; salary supplemented by a bonus for offshore or foreign travel for customer training and full training will be provided.
As Electrical Training Instructor you will required to work as part of a global team, developing and delivering training interventions to both internal and external customers. You will develop curriculums for new equipment, new courses or amend curriculums to reflect changes to the equipment or changes to the delivery method of the training, in line with the standards created by the Instructional Design Services (IDS) process. You will deliver training in training centres, the customers premises or onsite (both land and offshore).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Devising technical training programmes according to company processes and quality standards.
- Creating curriculums for new courses with the support of Instructional Design Services (IDS).
- Reviewing technical training courses and recommending /making amendments as required.
- Producing training plans and schedules.
- Preparing training materials in conjunction with IDS.
- Carrying out instructor led theory and practical training.
- Carrying out trainee assessments / test.
- Facilitating trainee feedback at the end of a training course.
- Liaising with Technical Management to understand their training needs.
- Taking part in seminars to review training curriculums.
- Supporting and mentoring new Instructors within the incumbent’s competence.
- Completed recognised Apprenticeship or equivalent (Essential).
- Minimum of HNC level in the relevant technical qualification / discipline (Essential).
- HND or above in relevant discipline (Desirable).
- Post apprenticeship experience in service / breakdown technical role (Essential).
- Service experience within the oil industry (Desirable).
- Proven experience as a technical trainer (Desirable).
Skill, Training & Specialist Knowledge
- Presentation and communication skills (Desirable - full training will be given).
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Essential).
- Good level of Power Point (Desirable - full training will be given).
- Knowledge of modern training techniques (Desirable - full training will be given).
- Understanding of learning styles (Desirable - full training will be given).
- Siemens PLC Experience (Essential).
- Variable Frequency Drive Experience (Essential).
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team