Environmental Advisor (Maternity Cover) - VR/23465
Currently recruiting for an experienced Environmental Advisor on a maternity cover contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. The contract is predicted to last for 12 months and the company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
Offshore travel may also be required as part of this role – therefore, applicants must be willing to work offshore.
The Environmental Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing support to the Environmental Lead and other HSSEQ team members in ensuring the effective delivery of the Company’s environmental strategy.
- Ensuring the environmental aspects of the Company Management System are regularly audited and updated.
- Acting as a key focal point for environmental issues for dedicated functions.
- Building and maintaining highly effective relationships with Offshore HSE Advisors and Medics, working closely with the HSSE Department to help bridge the offshore / onshore gap.
- Advising on the implementation of current and emerging regulatory and company requirements.
- Monitoring compliance with permit conditions (e.g. OPPC, ETS / PPC, chemical permits, radiation authorisations etc.).
- Managing elements of the EMS (Environmental Management System).
- Contributing to ISO14001 certification and compliance activities.
- Contributing to the preparation and delivery of HSSEQ Department plans.
- Maintaining effective relationships with Regulators and Government Agencies (e.g. OPRED, OSDR, Marine Scotland, SEPA and JNCC).
- Participating in offshore platform visits, as required.
- Maintaining an overview of UK environmental performance, including emissions, discharges and incidents – and providing data to Asset and Operations Teams, as required.
- Contributing to relevant environmental risk assessments, responses and controls – including the identification of Major Environmental Incidents (MEIs).
- Reviewing and maintaining Oil Pollution Emergency Plans (OPEPS).
- Supporting Asset, department and HSSEQ Teams with the delivery of relevant campaigns.
- Reviewing and providing input into annual environmental KPIs.
- Undertaking permit applications and variations, and maintaining environmental content of authorisations, permits and consents register.
- Managing external resources as required (e.g. environmental consultants, certification bodies etc).
- Conducting environmental incident investigations, where appropriate.
- Coordinating offshore compliance audits and reviews, and monitoring delivery of plans.
- Providing ad-hoc support to the IMT in the event of an environmental incident.
- Taking the lead in the preparation and submission of the annual environmental statement to OPRED.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), or similar, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to hold the full suite of offshore certification.
- A degree qualification in a relevant Environmental subject would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Environmental Advisor type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role – directly with an oil and gas operator – would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team