Environmental Specialist - VR/22201
TMM Recruitment are working on a fantastic opportunity for a permanent Environmental Specialist to join an ever-growing company with an international reach based in Motherwell.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation of a new site wide Environmental Plan and executing the delivery. Experience within a similar role as well as a NEBOSH Environmental Management qualification are essential for this position.
As an Environmental Specialist, as well as creating the site wide environmental plan, you will also be responsible for:
- Adopting best practice in minimising environmental impact to a practical minimum.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA) and HSE legislation.
- Providing environmental support to workshop / factory / site.
- Managing and reporting in relation to environmental permits, consents, authorisations and exemptions to ensure legal compliance and standards.
- Developing and maintaining the corporate Environmental Management System.
- Maintaining all environmental procedures and knowledge of environmental legislation.
- Liaising with regulatory authorities and other relevant external bodies.
- Coordinating and undertaking environmental audits.
- Investigating incidents and managing the follow up and close out of any actions.
- Managing the transition from the EU to any carbon trading scheme.
- Advising the business on any electrical distribution or transmission policy.
- Managing the phase over of the Triad replacement scheme.
Applicants to this role require
- NEBOSH Environmental Management.
- Previous experience of implementing strategies and procedures.
What’s in it for me? (the applicant)
- Opportunity to be play a vital role within an international company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team